Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Okay, Okay Okay!

I know it has been a long time since my last entry. The days are so busy and long that I don't have any creative thinking going on for an interesting story to tell. I think I am ready today!

Let's start with the One Act Competition! Greenville High School took first place of seven. This is much like solo and ensemble where ratings are given. GHS had straight one ratings. We will go to regionals the first weekend in February. Other good news was that the entire cast received a superior for their acting! Mary was really good as the fisherman's wife. Now the director will be making some small changes to make the show even better. We will see what happens next weekend. I spent all day at the school supervising and working at the concessions stand. All in all, everything went well. We did have one fire alarm go off, evidently a little boy opened a door he shouldn't. There was another event going on at the high school that day. There was a minimal halt in activity, but things were cleared up quick and everything stayed on schedule.

Bowling was ok on Sunday. Jeff bowled another 50o series and our team took 1 game. We were tied after 2 games and then lost the third and total points. I should be bowling next week. Hope that I can contribute to some wins!

Yesterday we spent the day at Michigan State University. Mary met with the Admissions director for the schoool of music. He gave us a lot of good honest information. She liked MSU very much, giving it at rating of 4 out of 5 stars! She made a comparison sheet for the colleges she visits. She has to decide what she wants to do. She knows she wants to teach, but not sure if she should teach english, music or theater. The director told us that if she wants to do music education, you still need to audition as a performer. So she would need to take private lessons in either voice or cello (again). Minoring in music/theater may be less stressful and also help post graduation employment as an english teacher with a minor in music/theater. Lots to think about. Our next scheduled visit is Roosevelt University in Chicago on Valentine's Day. This will depend however, on how far the one act team will go. State competition is on Valentine's Day too. The college visit would have to be rescheduled.

Matthew has his first Baseball camp at Grand Rapids Comm College tonight. I am not sure what I am going to do for 2.5 hours! I don't even know where I can wait! Makes me a little nervous, but I am glad that Matthew will have this opportunity to advance his baseball skills.

Sarah is doing well at college. She is getting over a cold, but otherwise things are good. Softball tryouts are just over a week away! I am sure she is nervous. I am proud of her and the commitment she has shown to the program. Sarah has mid winter break the first weekend in February. It is always nice having her home.

I am feeling good and will see my doctor/surgeon on Friday. She should give me clearance to go back to work and lift all my restrictions. I am still on the job hunt. The new nursing agency has been driving me crazy with massive paperwork, TB tests, skills tests etc to get the nurses hired. It makes me weary too. Still not sure when this agency will take over. Thursday I am going to a job fair at a GR hospital. There are not too many jobs available, but they like to meet nurses for any future openings. Otherwise, I am going to get some sewing done, quilt, and enjoy my last week off. It has been nice, but I need to get back to making some extra money and getting back into a normal routine.

Until next time,

Gracie