Monday, January 12, 2009

I Need To Get Out of the Dog House!

It seems like its been so long since my last post, but it really has only been 3 days so don't be too hard on me! Hahaha! So I am getting out of the dog house and bringing you up to date on our activities.

Friday night's get together was very nice. We had a nice time with other pastors and their wives from our circuit. We got home around 9 to spend some time with Matt who was home alone, and found him sleeping on the new couch with a movie on. He was tired. So Jeff and I watched "mama mia" and thought it was ok. Good to watch one time. Mary was spending the night at a friends house where they also worked on a school project.

Saturday was getting laundry started, thanks you notes done and shopping for some groceries. Both Mary and Matthew are enjoying the TV and futon downstairs. Mary does homework and waits for the laundry and Matt likes to watch TV and widdle on wood he brought home from the scene shop. It is nice to have another liveable area. I think it will be nicer when it is not sooo cold down there, but cool in the summer.

Sunday service was nice. The praise team sang well. The new church council was installed. We had taco bell for lunch then kept up on the laundry and then began the college visitation schedule for Mary. Wow! It can't be time for that yet! Another year from now she will be making her final choices for college. Whew, we just did that with Sarah. Mary has several colleges on her list. See if you know what they are: MSU, Roosevelt University, Hope, Cornerstone, UM, WMU, Concordia Chicago, CMU. We still need to make arrangements for OU and Lawrence University in Wisconsin. She still plans to major in music/theater with a possible minor in English. She is also getting a little nervous, because she is not sure she is good enough to get into College of Music. I said you'll never know unless you try! Mary auditions tomorrow for a string program in Grand Rapids for coaching students who want to major in music. I think it is a great opportunity. I hope things go well.

Sarah is doing fine. She told me last night that she played softball and caught well and hit well too! Hurray. She catches every Mon and Wed morning at 0630! Her classes are Statistics, Pyschology, PE, English and AT practicum.

Bowling was better last night. We split and took 2 games. I have to sit out for two more weeks and then I hope to bowl better than my blind average.

I am rehashing all of my options as a nurse. I just found out that my client is switching to another company. I will have to apply there too. Their pay is even less than I make now. When I talked to them about it, they said they would offer me the pay I make now if the family really likes me and wants me to keep working with them. I am a little frustrated because I know I could make more money, but then my schedule would be more restricting. However, I hate to lose a lot of my skills due to the fact that I am not using them with my one patient. As each year goes by, it will be harder and harder for me to get hired at a hospital because my recent experience will be home health. I do miss a lot of the aspects of hospital nursing and I don't want to be caught of doing home care forever.

Tonight is chimes and then a winter storm. Wind and snow and very cold temps. It will be very cold, single digits to negative zero, all week. Wonder how many "snow" days there will be.

I am also putting together a concessions schedule for GHS One Act Drama district competition that will take place on January 24. I have the schdule made and now just have to fill it. I hope that I get happy volunteers. It went from a 6 hour event to a 12 hour event with double the people coming, and now we are having lunch too! I need about 24 volunteers for 2 hours each. There are more than that many students participating in the play. So it SHOULD be easy. Hah!

That is all for now. Feeling better on most days and recuperating well.

Grace