Friday, January 16, 2009

My Newest Quilt Top


Well I finished my quilt top yesterday. Hurray! I think it is really cute. I managed to fix a few seams to line up the squares better. I would like to tie with red floss, but my colleauges think it might run. Maybe I could use a royal blue to add some punch?

Next week I will pick a new pattern for a single size bed. It will look very "Eastery" with the colors I have chosen. Until the next quilting time, I need to get to work on the flannel sleeping pants. They aren't hard, just hate cutting the pattern. I am using multi-size patterns so I can cut the pattern to each size. They will get done!

The weather is still very cold. We expect 2-5 inches of snow tomorrow. The man on the radio said after 10 minutes of being outside frostbite can occur without proper attire, ie coats, gloves and hats. Today is very bright and sunny with single digit temperatures.

Sarah sent me an email from her AT director yesterday. He will be going to Tokyo Japan in May to the college there that we have an exchange program with. He will be taking 4 students with him all expenses paid! Woohoo! What an opportunity! I encouraged Sarah to be considered and if they needed a mom to go along, pick me! Other news from Hope College is that concerning softball. Tryouts are just weeks away. The crazy thing is if she makes the team they practice Wed mornings at 0500 in an indoor field 20 minutes away. That means a 0400 wake up time. She loves ball enough she would do that, I think. The season should be over in time for her to go to Japan too.

Now for information on my job quest. My client is switching Nursing agencies again. I called them to set up an appointment for the paperwork. They inform me that I would spend ~3 hours doing paper work and tests. However, they will only pay me for a total of 2 hours and will only pay me minimum wage! Unbelieveable!! I am totally flabergasted! RRRRrrrrrrrr. As for the rest of my quest, there are no new jobs to apply for. I am going to a nursing fair at the end of the month. As much as I love my job and my patient, I still have to think about what is best for me and my family. I am worth more than minimum wage and low hourly pay. Whew!

I am out of words for now. After my last conversation with the nursing company I am speechless...can you imagine that?

~Bewildered
Grace