Saturday, January 31, 2009

Superior!

Today was solo and ensemble festival. We left home at 6:50 this morning to pick up Brandon, who accompanied her on the piano. Mary was to play at 8:48am. I thought it would take over an hour to get there. Brandon took us another way and we got there in 40 minutes! So we waited for nearly an hour before she played. Finally it was her turn, and she played her solo, Arioso by Bach. The judge loved her tone throughout the song. She also gave some constructive criticism and then we waited for the score...It was a "1"! Whew. Now she knows what to do to improve for state festival at Central Michigan on March 21, Jeff's birthday. Afterward, we stayed and listened to other Greenville High School students play their solos and a duet. They too received superior ratings. I took Mary and Brandon to lunch and the other Greenville families met us there. It was a fun time to spend with parents and students together. We got home around 1:30pm.

I was pretty tired, so I took a nap while Jeff and the kids went swimming at the local community college. They had a fun time and I got good rest. The rest of the evening has clearing out papers, paying bills and updating calendars and blogs! I still need to do a load of laundry and try to communicate with Sarah. She is at some sporting events tonight, so it will either be late or tomorrow.

Sarah did email me a link with a video about the use of the Wii system in the AT Clinic at Hope College. Kirk Brummels, the AT Director at Hope did a study last fall about it effect with exercise. I think Sarah participated in the balance portion. She currently is nursing a bad knee and elbow. Possible tricep tendon irritation. She will rest it before softball tryouts on Monday.

Tomorrow is church and of course the superbowl. It will be my first week back to bowling. I hope that I can bowl all three games. I will have to wait and see how I feel. I still tend to get sore during the day, depending on my activities. Still take Ibuprofen on a daily basis.

That is all for now..

Grace

Here is the link for the video piece about Hope College AT Department using the Wii for therapy. Once you get to the link, you MUST
  1. Type in video games in the search bar under the current video.
  2. Click on the video segment "video games and physical therapy"
  3. Good Luck!

http://www.wxmi.com/pages/health_fitness