Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's COLD!

We are experiencing single digit temperatures and expect below zero tonight and tomorrow morning. I wonder if we will quilt. I am supposed to bring the main dish for lunch. We have potlucks every week. My quilt has had a few problems coming together, so tomorrow is figuring out how to get it all worked out. Then I will start a new project.

I have several home projects too. I am making flannel sleeping pants for everyone. Sarah's is done and now I have 4 to go. The material is washed and ready to go. First I am making a volunteer list for GHS theater for the competition on Sat 1/24. I have all but about 4 slots filled. Waiting for people to call back. If they don't I will try them one more time. I won't mind filling the blanks if people don't show. I love supporting the fine arts at our school.

After thinking about my nursing career, I have decided to get my name out to the hospitals with a new and improved resume and cover letter. The resume is done and now I am working on the cover letter. I am not sure what will happen, but I know that I am trying to expand my career and earn some more money. In the end, God knows the plan and has always guided me in the right direction. There have been times where I didn't listen and got into a bind, then he mercifully bails me out. Praise the Lord! HE LOVES ME SOOOO MUCH! I love Him too!

Last September Jeff and I attended a retreat on Mackinac Island with other Lutheran pastors and had a really nice time. Today we hosted an informational meeting with lunch about Grace Place, they run the retreats. We had about 20 people and I thought that the director gave a nice talk that lasted about one hour.

I am back at home now, waiting to help out my client with faxing of papers. She is coming over here, and I won't be lifting my princess. I also want to type out my Theater Schedule, work on the cover letter and then be ready for kids choir, choir and praise team. I have plenty to keep me busy!

Guess that is all for now...Stay warm and happy!

Grace