Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New President

Well, we have a new president. I thought that the activities were pretty nice, and enjoyed most of the bands in the long parade. A few things did make me wonder. We keep getting told that our planet is warming, but we are enduring below zero temperatures with lots of snow on the ground. During the very long benediction, the preacher said that we will protect the lowliest and poor. Shouldn't unborn children be protected? The president has already said he will sign the "Freedom of Choice" act, legalizing abortions across the nation at all stages of pregnancy and with public funds. That is not protection. The final straw was the comment of color:"The Black will not be asked to get back, brown can stick around, The yellow will be mellow, the red man will get ahead man and the white will embrace what is right." That is a very racial statement. I couldn't believe it. If that was said by anyone else, I think it would be all over the news. Oh, I loved the quartet with Itzak Perlman, YoYo Ma and the other musicians. The weather was nice and the girls are very cute. I pray that all will go well with our new leaders, and that our country will remain a land under the TRUE GOD and continue to be the land of the free.

Okie Dokie...Now Sunday night was great. Jeff was on fire at the bowling alley. We won 3 points this week. Yay! Jeff bowled a 204 for a high game and a series of 549! Great Job Jeff! I have one more week of bowling "blind" and consistent. Hahahaha. Sunday was also the night of the youth's progressive dinner. Mary was the voice of God. The story was about the exodus. There was a tie in to Christmas, but I can't remember it right now. The first part was outside at the camp and was it cold! Mary brought along a friend and we all had nice time. The first stop we had venison wraps. It had a few pieces and it tasted like beef. Second stop was Chicken on skewers, carrots, sticky rice and matza crackers with honey (Manna). we also played the dradle game. Last stop was dessert, mmmmmm, and the making of a personal Christmas ornament.


Saturday was a day to catch up on some chores, shop a little, bake brownies and take down the Christmas decorations! We finally got that done. The lights and the nativity are still up, but we don't turn them on. There is no way to get them down, since everything is still covered in snow or just frozen and hidden. One hour before our small group met, I decided it was time to make homemade applesauce. It turned out very well. It is already all eaten up! I have a few more apples, maybe I will make some more this week.

Yesterday I went to Lansing to sign up with the new agency. I am still not very happy about it, but until God leads me to a new position, I will continue to care for my little girl. My resume has been updated and Jeff just helped me with a cover letter for any jobs that arise in the future. There just isn't a whole lot available right now. I still have another 10 days of medical leave. I go to the doctor/surgeon on January 30th. I still experience some pain on some days and the vein used for my IV is hard like a vine in my wrist. It too, hurts when I bump or rub it. The doctor is aware of these things and I am complying with her advice.


The rest of the school week is finals. Matt has to take all 6 of them. He was pretty sick at the beginning of the year and exempting finals at our school depends on attendance. I think it is dumb, but that is how it is. Mary is taking 3, two easy music ones and AP Literature. Thursday is a performance of the one act and then they compete on Saturday at the district level. I have had a few people call and cancel or shorten their volunteer time. I guess I will be making a few more calls tomorrow. There is no school on Monday, so we will be taking Mary to MSU for a visit. We are still trying to get an appointment with the music department so she can get a feel for what they have to offer. Matthew is signed up for baseball camp starting on Tuesday for a month (every Tuesday night). He has been going to open gym for baseball the past few weeks at 0600 2-3 times a week. Tomorrow is hitting practice. Thursday is pitching. I have quilting on Thursday and am responsible for the side dish at lunch. Maybe I will take applesauce!


I guess that is it! Hope you have a great day!


~Grace