Sunday, February 8, 2009

Disappointments

That word should say it all. Life goes on though doesn't it. Everyone has their disappointments. I have been disappointed by the lack of hospital jobs to apply for and for those I have been rejected. Matt has had disappointing days at baseball camp where he'd like to have played better. Sarah played the best ball of her life during tryouts, and will be the best softball fan of the season. Mary and Matthew's One Act Theater team gave an excellent performance of Story Theatre this morning and came home with a division II rating, missing a I rating by ONE point. The judges weren't on their game. I know I am biased, but just believe me, it is too lengthy to explain on this blog.

Thank goodness our family knows that 'all things work for good to those who love God.' Sarah sees that it might be for the best. No more early early mornings, more time for Athletic Training and school and time to heal her sore joints. Matt keeps working toward being a better player, I keep searching for new employment knowing God has just the right one at the right time. The theatre event is too recent and feelings of sadness prevail, but after a good night of sleep we all should feel better.

The other day, I was thinking and praying early in the morning. Thanking God for helping me through a tough month and asking for continued strength. Then I remembered the Footprints in the Sand poem and thought, Jesus should be getting tired of carrying me by now! As I looked out the window and saw the wintry scene, I thought my poem should be Footprints in the Snow! Either way He is with me and will never forsake me. What a wonderful feeling! Today was a warmer sunny day. Lots of snow has melted and the bone chilling temps were gone. There was even a little bird outside on our tree! Spring will be here before we know it....Well, I can dream!

Tomorrow is church and bowling in the evening. I did real well on Wii bowling tonight and hope that I can get that score for real! I like the golf game too. Baseball is pretty hard and I am not good at tennis either. Still we have a lot of fun playing.

I made bulkoogi tonight so we can cook it tomorrow for dinner. I hope I didn't put too much garlic in. Is that possible?? Hahahaha.

Sarah goes back to school on Tuesday. We will need to work on the FAFSA forms before then. We are also going to celebrate Matt's birthday while Sarah is home. Mary is in the Village Green Variety Show on Wednesday and Matt will be working on the lights with the stage crew. Friday after school we will travel to Chicago to visit Roosevelt University. We are excited about staying at the Hilton Hotel downtown. Thanks Michael!

Boy am I tired! It has been a long day. Have a great one!

~Gracie