Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Middle of the Week

I had a pretty good first day back to work. I think I mastered the new charting system and even had to call in a few errors. The six hours went by quickly. Now that she is using all of her hours each week, no of us can work late/overtime. That means mom has to be home on time! By the end of the day, I can say I am a little sore. I didn't lift my patient but a few times, and I think it might have been from sitting on the floor charting.

Sarah called me between her classes. Softball tryouts are going well. She said she is playing the best softball of her life! Thanks for your prayers. Whether she makes the team or not, she knows that she did her best! We will know tomorrow. I guess her elbow hurt pretty bad at first, but felt better as time went on. She made the throw to 2nd base too! Her trip to Calvin College with the AT program was successful. She learned about kinesiology tape and one of the Senior Hope students presented a case study. Sarah is very happy.

Just a few more days until the regional competition. Mary thinks they could go to state, but worries that one of the high schools will sabotage their chance. Evidently, they have a reputation to get what they want and sabotage others to get there. I guess we could use some prayers there too. If "we" don't go to state we will be going to Chicago to visit Roosevelt University. My Godson works at a Hilton hotel and got us a room right downtown on Grand for a really good price. Either way will be an exciting time. Matthew will be travelling on his birthday. I can't believe that he is going to be 15 next Friday the 13th!

Jeff enjoyed the conference and is back in Greenville. I just haven't seen him yet. Hope his pajama pants fit!

I can't let this day go by without remembering my wonderful Dad. Today is the anniversary of his ordination. I think of my dad all the time, but today was his special day!

I guess Groundhogs day went by already. Did he see his shadow?? Hmmm, I will have to look that one up. Six more weeks of the winter we have had is depressing. Mary and Joseph remain buried in the snow up to their shoulders.

Well, better go make some quick dinner. There is choir tonight till nearly 9 pm. I have to work again tomorrow at 0500! Thank goodness it is a short 3 hour shift.

~Grace