Friday, February 20, 2009

Facts for Friday

  1. FAFSA is filed. We stayed up and got the fafsa filed late Tuesday night. To our amazement, the Dept of Education thinks we can contribute more this year than last! With the financial state of America, do they actually think paying for college is easier? Now we wait to see what Hope College offers in a financial aid package. Can you say the word "loans"? Wait! Maybe President Obama can add it to his stimulus package. He's helping everyone else, car makers, banks, frisbee golf courses and dog parks. Certainly an extra $10,000 is nothing!

  2. Work is...fine I guess. I worked only 3 hours on Wednesday because I started running a little fever ~1oo degrees. Recovered quickly the next day worked Thursday. Thanks to a friend who changed shifts with me to feel better! I have sent out about 8 applications for hospital jobs. All have been rejected. Sure would like to know why I am so "undesireable". Jeff says keeps trying! I feel so defeated. Either: I have too many years experience (25) to hire on at that wage, Spectrum blacklisted me because I called them on the carpet when I was mistreated at the local hospital here in Greenville, or once out of the hospital for more than 2 years..too bad, no hospital for you! I'd sure like to know where all the new nurses are going to get jobs when they get out of school. There is a nursing shortage! Right.


  3. Music rocks! Mary and Matthew both play in the annual Winterfest at Greenville High School on Saturday. Then Mary travels with The Village Green for a showcase concert in Chelsea, MI. We cannot attend. I am sure it will be very nice. Our orchestra plays on Sunday if the weather permits. We should sound nice too. Greenville is having an Earth Day "celebration" and our church choirs have been invited to sing and play during the event. Hmmm. What could our chime team play? I am always thinking.



  4. Matthew marks a record at Greenville High School! Matthew has enjoyed being part of the crew for the plays and shows at greenville high school. After studying and practicing using the equipment, Matthew took and passed the Full Crew test on Thursday and can now be paid to work at the shows that play at our performing arts center. We are so proud of him! Mary made him a cake! He is the only freshman to ever pass the test, maybe even take the test. Congratulations Matthew! He was so happy and proud when I picked him up, as he should be. He continues to work out with the baseball team and hope to make the team early next month.


  5. Small Group meets here tomorrow. Our small group bible study meets here tomorrow evening. We usually have a light meal together. I have decided since it is so close to Ash Wednesday, that we will celebrate Shrove Tuesday early and have pancakes! I love the idea and hope the rest of the group enjoys the food! I will have to compile a note about shrove tuesday so I don't have to explain it. Tonight Jeff and I are going to anothe pastor's home for dinner. Mary has a birthday party, and poor Matt will be home alone.


  6. Snow in the future! Of course, it is only February, we have potential snow for another few months. Come visit and we will go sledding! Jeff tells me that the snow that was supposed to stay south of us in now heading for Holland, Grand Rapids, Greenville to Alma! Possibly another 4 inches. Luckily, during our January thaw in February, Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus made it safely inside!


  7. Taking its Toll! The bitter cold and wind in Holland and West Michigan has taken its toll on Sarah's fingers. Yesterday she experienced a lot of pain during one of her attacks. She was wearing gloves too. I told her she needs some heavy duty warm ones and to make sure she wears layers and a hat of some sort. She does for the most part, but walking around campus is really cold. Unfortunately, she has a few little ulcers forming on 3 of her fingers. They are not bad ones, and just need to keep them warm and give them time to recover. She hasn't had those for quite some time now. If they worsen, I can give the doctors a call for advice. For now please include her in your prayers, I know you already do!

Well, that is all.. Lots of information in one day! Have a great weekend!


~Gracie





My Awesome Son!