Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tidbits on Shrove Tuesday

  • I posted more pictures of the Fantasia dance. Sarah had a very nice time and spent the night at her girlfriends parent's home. School is going well and she now has a roommate for next year. It is in a different dorm, but she is happy the the young lady is a sweetie from Texas.
  • Matthew wants to buy a paintball gun from a friend at church. I am not completely happy with this whole situation. I know other people enjoy it, but I hate for Matt to spend a lot of his money on something and then forget about it later. Plus you have to keep buying "ammunition" and CO2 to power the gun. We are still discussing this subject. Baseball continues early in the morning. Tryouts are next week. I will be glad when the practice moves to after school.
  • Mary is gearing up for collage concert. She is trying out with several groups. A duet with Brandon, cello with a singer, plus she is singing with the Village Green and playing with the Orchestra. Matt will play with the band. We continue to visit colleges this Saturday morning at Conerstone University in Grand Rapids, a Christian College.
  • I worked 8 hours yesterday in a house filled with sick people. I hope that I stay healthy. I work 6 hours tomorrow, 8 on Friday and 4 on Saturday. All my applications have been rejected at the hospitals. I called to discuss what it is that causes my rejections. No call back from the person that I was referred too. I don't want to be like Jonah, but I am really burning out with the home care. Thought about a new career field, but there really isn't any jobs for anyone. I am trying to work on contentment.
  • Jeff is gearing up for lent. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and I am playing for the service. We will be having soup suppers each Wednesday as well. Jeff is leaving on Monday for the Hurricane conference in St Petersburg on Sunday. He offered to take me along, which I kind of wish Iwas now, but know I shouldn't be too far away from the kids for a week. Florida would have been nice. Knowing me though, I would be worrying about the kids safety and missed their choir concert.
  • Guess that is all. Will do some laundry today and type up my Sunday School report that I wrote yesterday. Tonight we go to dinner at a member's home. They are very nice people.

Don't forget to eat your Pancakes! I did this morning!

~Gracie