Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday News

I had a pretty good day at work, kept pretty busy and boy how she is growing and doing new things all the time! I think if she stays healthy she will be a walker! Yay! I am off until next Wednesday.

Last night was the Village Green Variety Show. It was fabulous! The best show yet! Mary performed with the show choir and then sang "Mrs. Robinson" (Simon and Garfunkel) as a duet with her friend Gia. They blended so well and it was just a wonderful performance. Mary also sang a solo, "A Fine Fine Line" with her friend Brandon accompanying. It was very very good also. She has a very strong confident voice. Brandon played four songs extremely well last night for several different groups. He also sang "King of the Road" as only he could. He has such wonderful stage prescence. Really most everyone sang and performed well. Can you tell I liked it?
Tomorrow is Matthew's 15th birthday! I can't believe it! Course my oldest will turn 20 this fall. Yikes, I must be getting old. Anyway I have his gifts, just need to wrap them. He is practicing baseball every chance he gets and is also working toward becoming part of the full stage crew. He will get paid to work shows, should he pass the test. He is staying after school today for a study session. After school on Friday we are heading for Chicago! Staying overnight and then visiting Roosevelt University right in downtown. It will be a fun few days. Wonder where Matt will want to eat dinner on his birthday. You might ask if we will visit Concordia too. Yes but not till April on Spring Break. Monday we are going to Hope College for Mary to meet with the Fine Arts people there too. I am sure that we will get to visit with Sarah as well. She forgot a few things that she wants us to bring.

Well, my tater tot casserole is almost finished and I need to get to quilting. I am always late! Better late than never. Still working on my last pairs of pajama pants. I guess all things will eventually get done. Just need to stick to your priorities.

Have a good day and Smile!

~Grace