Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Good Sunday

Church was good this morning the kids sang nicely, just a little timid. The church was pretty full and I think they got nervous, plus they sang a verse in Japanese. A little added pressure. Of course I sang the Japanese along with them. Sunday School attendance was awesome! We had 75 in Sunday school/Bible Class. I think it is close to record. Highest of the year so far.

We went out for lunch after church and then I dropped Mary off at her friends house for a superbowl day! I took a nap and then nearly finished another pair of the flannel pants promised at Christmas. 3 down, 2 to go! They look nice, just a little big in the legs. They happen to be my pair, and I just might wear them baggy. They are just for sleeping! Matt's are next then Jeff's.

Tonight was my first night bowling after surgery. I did great! I bowled a 165-149 and 129=443 series! Woohoo! Jeff had a 182 his first game and Randy had a 209 his last game. Our team took 3 tonight against a team with a huge handicap. We lost one game by 10 pins. I hope that I can do well again next week. I am feeling pretty good after three games of bowling. Yay!

I was hoping for the Cardinals to win the superbowl. They sure played a good game. It is more exciting when the games are close than a blowout. It shows that the teams really belonged there. With football over, I will have to watch more basketball.

Sarah is ready and poised to start softball tryouts in the morning! I will be praying for a good first day and for her safety. She is a little accident prone. Try outs run through Wednesday evening, and she will know by Thursday if she made the team. Sarah comes home Friday night for mid-winter break. She will be home until the following Tuesday! I am always happy to have her home with us.

This week's events are:
  • Chimes on Monday
  • Jeff to Pastor's conference Tues & Wed.
  • Baseball camp on Tuesday in Grand Rapids, not to mention, early morning practice Monday through Thursday.

  • I go back to work Wed-Fri (17 hours)

  • One Act performance Thursday evening

  • Sarah comes home Friday

  • Regional One Act Theater Competition Saturday in Holland!

  • Small Group Bible Study Saturday night.

That will keep us busy!


I always try to update as often as possible! Have a great week!


~Grace