Saturday, February 21, 2009

"S" is for........ Saturday!

Saturday had the promise of being a very busy day. Winterfest music festival at the High School started at 0800. I was there to hear Mary play in the HS Orchestra and really loved it, especially the William Tell Overture. I had plans to bring Matthew back in the afternoon for the JV Band portion and the Greenville Danish Band musical presentation. Mary was going on a Village Green trip to the Show Choir Showcase. Guess what we saw after the AM orchestra? SNOW...SNOW....and more SNOW!


When we got home, Jeff called to invite me to the "Walk for Warmth" event that started at our church. It is a fund raiser for community to help those who can't pay to heat their house. Many people walked around a nearby lake in the blowing snow and cold temperatures. I stayed inside and chatted with people and then enjoyed lunch together with all who walked and helped. There was a soup cookoff so to speak. There was some really good soup and I don't really like soup. Before lunch was over, the rest of the days activities were cancelled. No band, no show choir and no small group bible study at our house for Shrove Saturday. It was a little bit sad.

So, I got the laundry done, Jeff took a nap and then had the energy to go and use the snow blower to clear paths on the sidewalks and driveways. We do our neighbor's too. One lady is elderly and the others help with our gardening in the summer. I played a game with Matthew, who by the way, has been having a fever for the past 24 hours. He is ok now that the Ibuprofen is working. No other symptoms. Mary's friend Gia came over and they baked a cookie cake. Later on some other friends came over to eat it. Now they are having fun watching a DVD and just talking and laughing. Matthew is playing star wars on the Wii and I am of course blogging away, one of my favorite things to do!

Sarah is on her way to the Winter Fantasia dance. She is wearing her favorite prom dress. The yellow one. I have been informed that she has already taken many pictures and I will share them when I get them! The dance is being held at Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids. I hope that she has lots of fun and stays warm!

I hope that all my instrumentalists will be able to make it to church tomorrow. The orchestra is playing 2 hymns and an anthem, He is Exalted for Transfiguration. I might build a tent during Sunday School opening.

Guess that is all! The snow continues to fall adding to the 3.5 inches that are already covering the ground. I shouldn't be surprised, it is still February! I will post any worthy bowling scores tomorrow night.

Sayonara,

~Silly Gracie