Saturday, May 15, 2010

Celebration!

Since tomorrow is going to be so busy with church and getting Jeff to the airport, we decided that we would start celebrating Mary's birthday today.  I baked a cake and wrapped up her presents.  Mary chose to eat lunch at Jimmy's Pub and Grub and had a nice time together.  Presents were next.  Mary was happy when she opened her new microwave oven for college, and a copy of the famous picture of the Sailor kissing the nurse.  Her 18th birthday is off to a good start. It had to end for today though as Mary had to work at McDonald's and then hurry to the closing show of Bleacher Bums.

In the meantime, I went to my patient's 6th birthday party.  It is hard to believe! I have know her since before she turned one!  They had a cookout and cupcakes. She looked very cute as usual, and was happy to see me. That made me happy too since I haven't been at work since the 3rd.  I'll be off until I know that I can walk and carry her safely after my leg surgery on Friday.

Mattthew and I went to work the pre-show activities at the high school.  It  was pretty light until the last 10-15 minutes when we had a rush of people in line to buy tickets. Sarah played the Wii Homerun Derby Competition and won!  We now have the game here are home! Matthew is so happy.

Now, I need to get ready for Sunday School and  be ready for kids choir/orchestra ensemble. 12 hours until Mary is officially 18.  It was a happy day!

Grace

No comments: