Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day (6 days left)

Our Memorial Day was stormy. Woke up early this morning to a thunderstorm, which was kind of nice, since I we don't seem to get a lot of them. Cleared up for awhile, then stormed again.  Didn't do too much, Matthew was working on homework that he missed the past two weeks while in the hospital and had some break time to play the Wii and watch a little TV. The whole family including my mom went out to eat at Outback.  It was very good! I am trying to remember what I did today beside vacuum and hang out with my mom. Not a bad day at all, I guess. 

Sunday was a RED LETTER DAY! Matthew came home from the hospital after two weeks of IV's, lab draws, pain meds and a second procedure to try and remove one of 3 fluid pockets from his abdomen.  Sarah stayed with him Saturday night and Sunday morning so Jeff and I could be at church.  Orchestra played a fun song and it went really well. Mary added a bass slap on her cello for the song. Mom played the organ. I got word from Sarah mid-morning that his white count went down to 13 from 16!  No more fevers!  Then in the afternoon Matthew was discharged home.  We are so glad to have him home.  He is doing well.  Didn't get letters from the doctor, but hopefully the school will accept his word or my letter if needed.  I will certainly be in touch with the surgeon's office with any questions or requests.

Tomorrow we will try to see if we can have a normal day back to regular activities, I might even get that haircut that was scheduled two weeks ago!  Matt wants to try and go to school, we will see how he feels.

Grace

No comments: