Saturday, May 15, 2010

Double Header (22 Days Left)

Matthew's baseball team had a double header yesterday.  I went to the store and made 18 ham and cheese sandwiches and 20 juice bags for the team in between games.  It was pretty cold and windy by the time the first game started. Sarah was bundled, Jeff had a sweatshirt and I wore a fleece over a long sleeve t shirt and we were still very cold.  Matthew didn't play the whole first game :(,  but it was nice to watch our team play some smart baseball and win the game.  The kids were polite and enjoyed their sandwiches. The second started without Matthew too. Disheartened, I walked over to the auditorium to see how the pre-show activities were going before the second night of Bleacher Bums.  Sarah texted me a little later, telling me Matthew was warming up on the practice mound. So I hurried back.  Matthew pitched two innings, both 3 up and 3 down!  His first at bat was great! He got a single with at least one RBI!  I was so proud. It was an awesome hit. The umps called the game with 3 men on and Matthew was up to bat.  Darn! In the end it was a great game!

I had a visit from my employer yesterday morning so I could sign a paper.  Then she gave me an application to fill out because they didn't have one.  What??  I applied on-line.  Too bad everyone has to fill it out. I have gone through so much redo and please do for this company.  I don't know how much more I can do for them.

Announcements and Open House invitations are done and are getting mailed. Volunteers are notified and updates to choir members and orchestra members are sent.

With all the craziness going on, I am determined to make Mary's 18th  birthday a good one.  Don't know how to fit it all in with church and Jeff leaving for military duty in the afternoon. Mary has to work this afternoon and has the closing show tonight. When will we have cake?? Open gifts?? Have a nice dinner???   Somehow I have to succeed!

I have been up since 0500.  Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.  Now I need a little rest before the rest of today's activities.

Gracie

1 comment:

mipackerfan said...

I'm sure you'll get everything accomplished for Mary's birthday. Just spending time with the whole family is a blessing...enjoy!

Fatime