Friday, May 28, 2010

Stuck (9 days left)

Matthew is stuck in the hospital for another two days.  He had a procedure Thursday to try to remove the pockets of fluid from his abdomen. They didn't get very much, but a culture was done to see if it is indeed infection. So we wait two days for the culture results and a WBC level on Saturday to check progress and watch his vial signs and general well-being.  He has been having low grade fevers 100-101 the past few days. His appetite is non-existent and he looks like he just doesn't feel well. After the procedure today, he has been resting most of the evening and got up to walk once and did great. It makes me sad to see him in the hospital so sick.  Sarah is with him tonight and I will probably stay on Friday night.

Mary swings out of high school tomorrow. She will wear her cap and gown for the first time! She is so excited and Jeff and I are glad we can attend too.  Thursday was academic awards day and Mary received her honor roll award and also the first ever English department award, for Excellence in English. What a proud moment. Jeff held down the camp Thursday and did a great job! He made me really happy by "charting" things for me. I hope that Sarah will do the same, either way, I am glad she is there with him tonight.

Cancelled orchestra rehearsal tonight and will practice on Sunday before church.  Mandatory softball meeting tonight was attended by acting coach, Doug, while I visited Matthew and also picked up my mom from the airport.  She will be with us until after graduation! It is so nice to have  her here.

I am getting tired, so I am going to close.

Grace

No comments: