Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recovering (24 days left)

I am sorry that my blog has been neglected for nearly a week, but I have been fighting some sort of illness for over 2 weeks.  I finally went to the doctor on Monday and got a prescription for antibiotics.  After 3 days I still feel icky and congested.  Jeff saw the doctor for the same thing next day and is on the same antibiotic. He isn't feeling much better either.  Luckily all the kids are well right now and we want to keep it that way. Needless to say, all those things that I wanted to get done this week have not been getting done in a timely fashion.  I set priorities each day so that deadlines are met. Be patient, I will get through everything as quickly as I can. Still no luck with the Anniversary pictures.

Mother's Day was very nice. Good church service, good food at Brann's Steakhouse and good fun at softball practice.  I didn't play very well, but it is always fun to be at the park. Afterward I was pretty tired and napped on the couch.  Soon after I felt pretty sick and very cold with the chills. Went straight to bed for the rest of the night.  Jeff made me feel better by bringing me a chocolate sundae I wanted from McDonalds.  He loves me!

Monday, Jeff helped with the pizza delivery for the youth gathering fundraiser.  They did pretty well.  I finally got on the ball and made the volunteer schedule for "Bleacher Bums" that opens tonight. I think everything will be covered pretty well.   Not sure how many people will attend the play and activities.

The Chorus banquet was Monday night and I felt well enough to eat a few sweets and take some pictures of the event. Matthew received his Choir letter and Mary received several certificates and The Musician of the Year Award for the 3rd year in a row!  We know that music will always be a part of Mary's life.  I think music will always be a part of all the Wilhelm's lives.

Yesterday was more productive than Tuesday, and I was able to help Sarah go through some stuff in her room and then we hauled it to Goodwill. The Prius is in the shop for a new water pump.  It was defective when we were looking at it last year, and it was replaced before we bought it. So, this pump is going to be free to us since there was a warranty on it.  Yay!! It is supposed to be ready today.  Sarah and I did some shopping last night, getting some storage bins for her frequent moving this summer, birthday gifts for an 18th birthday and some needed groceries. I forgot to mention that Mary and I went to the Senior Girl's Luncheon. It was nice.  The food was finger sandwiches, fruit and cookies with a wierd punch (I had water). Then there was a vintage fashion show put on by some ladies from Goodwill in Grand Rapids.  They modeled authentic dresses, swimsuits and sleepwear from  the late 1800's to the early 1970's.  Well done and interesting.

As I said Bleacher Bums opens tonight.  With some help, the trivia posters are nearly done and we will need to arrive tonight at 6pm to prepare for pre-show activities and concessions at 6:30pm. I hope that we have a good turn out.  It is a rainy, gloomy day. Could work to our favor or defeat.  I am working at the show Thursday and Saturday. This a play about baseball fans at a Cubs game, so our food and fun is related to baseball somehow.  We have guess the number of baseball gumballs, a wii home run derby competition and baseball bloopers to watch.  There will be door prizes each night during the 7th inning stretch. Two tickets to next year's production and a signed softball from the varsity girls team.  Come out and see the show!

Matthew had a double header yesterday and came in as a relief pitcher and did a great job.  He hopes that maybe one day soon, he will be chosen to start a game and pitch longer than an inning or two.  Guess he played 2nd base too. Tomorrow is a double header here in Greenville and Jeff and I are responsible for between game snacks. Matthew wants us to bring ham and cheese sandwiches and juice boxes.

I am still scheduled for surgery next Friday to relieve my tight left calf muscle and in so doing, reducing the pull and pain of the plantar fasciitis that has been causing my foot pain for over a year. With this darn sinus problem, I will have to check with the doctor next week. Surgery would be rescheduled if I am still sick.  It is obvious that this pain won't go away completely unless the muscle is lengthened.  I may have good days, like the last two days, but it hurt bad last night and this morning.  If all goes according to plan, I will be walking in both my shoes for graduation, instead of some type of boot after surgery. Prayers are welcome.

It has been nice having Sarah home again.  We are slow in getting her moved back in, but hopefully that will get done very soon. She will be home until the 11th when she needs to move into a little house near the Hope Athletic fields, where she will be a first responder for Hope College Sports camps. Then in August she moves to a different house on campus for her junior year.  We will bring her back home so she can be at Mary's open house on the 12th and then back to Hope on the 13th when she starts work.

One thing I had forgotten to mention is that Michigan is now a smoke-free in restaurants!  This makes dining in Michigan so much more pleasant.

Guess that is all for now! Skipping quilting to get things done!

Gracie

No comments: