Sunday, May 2, 2010

Home Safe and Sound

Mary and Matthew arrived home safe and sound and Brandon picked them up at the high school since I was directing the Chime Team at the Community Bell/Chime concert. The concert was very nice and well attended, maybe 200 people.  We had some very nice compliments from other teams and audience.  I am very proud of our team, they did a great job.  Our season is officially over.

Mary and Matthew told us of more their adventures while at Disney. Yesterday they spent 11 hours at Hollywood studios in 90+ degree weather.  They had fun, but came home pretty tired.  Luckily were able to sleep on the bus and plane. They brought us presents!  That was a sweet surprise!  Jeff has a new giraffe and I got a Mickey Hand oven mitt. I love it!  I found a mickey mug on the counter tonight. We have wonderful kids!

Jeff and I went to softball  practice for our church team.  We are shaping up into a pretty good team!  I love to hit the ball as you know, but my feet really hurt when I run and am on my feet in the field.  I guess I am better getting my feet taken care of and missing a season, then trying to play and barely making it to first base. I am glad that I can still coach the team.

All of us had dinner together at El Rancho.  The food was very good and we enjoyed talking about the kids trip to Florida and finding out more about Brandon's trip out west with the UM Glee Club.  Mary is spending time out at his house this evening and Matthew got all his homework done.  Mary's is done too.  Jeff and I are watching some movies on Netflix via our Wii game.  The first movie was a real loser, Onegin.  Now were are watching the Seat Filler.  Kind of silly, but at least we can laugh some.

I work tomorrow for 8 hours then have a Theatre booster meeting.  I feel bad, wanted to have lots more done by tomorrow, but I kept putting it off because of my other priorities and commitments. I promise to work hard on it this week, since I don't have anymore work days.  Long story, but everything is ok.

That is all for now, so I am off to make sure Matthew's baseball uniforms are clean for tomorrow!

Gracie

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

I'm glad the kids had fun in Florida! What a great opportunity!