Monday, May 24, 2010

Honors Week (13 Days)

Honors week begins.  I had hoped that Matthew would be recovered and we would all be at the assemblies this week. That isn't the case. Matthew did a little better yesterday and ate some solid food including Checkers fries and a milkshake.  Enjoyed our visitors, the Clarks, Daenzers and Mitch Oliver, who came along with his sisters.  They brought some food for him.  Our apple juice was drunk by someone else.  So they brought juice boxes we keep in the room and some cinnamon applesauce.  His pain is under control on IV Motrin aka Torodal.  Still on IV antibiotics and and some meds for his thrush that he got from big gun antibiotics.

Back to honors week.  Mary will be receiving some award in the Leadership Category this morning. You can watch the event live at the link posted under "Look at this" on the right column. I sure wish I was there.  I love awards week and attending the ceremonies.  I will try the link, but don't think this computer and the conncection will support live feed.  Wednesday is Scholarship day, where Mary will receive at least one scholarship from the applications she filled out throught the school guidance office, in addition to her Miss Danish and Burger King scholarships. Thursday is Academics day.  Both Mary and Matthew will be given honor roll awards. Then Friday is the Big ONE..Swingout! Mary's last day of high school!  I sure don't want to miss that one..Grandma and Jeff will be here this week and will be able to attend those as well. 

I slept a lot last night and feel pretty good right now. Matthew is sleeping, so I don't want to turn on the TV.  Need to call the school and I think I am going to call the doctors office as well.  I am thinking that they are a bunch of bobo's.

That is all for now.

Gracie

No comments: