Saturday, November 6, 2010

BRRRRR!

That is how we felt at the football game Friday night.  It was quite the game though and I am glad that we went.  I had 4 layers on including my winter coat with hat and hood, gloves and warm socks.   I was still freezing by the end of the game. Oh, I should tell you that we had SNOW flurries throughout most of the game.  Seems a little early for the white fluffy stuff to be falling from the sky.   Matthew didn't dress as warmly as he should and was  shivering at the end of the game.  I wrapped him up in our blanket for the walk home.   Matthew sat with friends and youth leader from Grace Lutheran in Coopersville.  They came to cheer on the team.  Matt's friend Mitch is on special teams, especially the kicking team.  He made a great first play of the game when we kicked it off to Muskegon and it bounced off of their player and Mitch got the ball that ended with a touchdown! It was a pretty even and exciting game until the last quarter when Muskegon pulled and head and didn't look back, winning by 3 touchdowns. I am still proud of our Jackets, they had a great season!

While Matthew was spending time with his friends at Applebee's, Jeff and I watched the "new" Karate Kid. Jeff has seen it before, but it was my first time.  I liked it a lot.  Jackie Chan is cool.  Matthew got me hooked on his shows when he was younger.  I thought Will Smith's son, Jaden, did  a good job too! 

I am off to bed, anxious to see my girls tomorrow.  Mary will be coming home in the morning and will spend time with her before Matthew and I head to Holland for the Nykerk Competition.  Mary has a party and Jeff will be getting ready for church.  Should be an exciting day.  Don't forget about Football! Better his the sack...I am pooped!

Grace

No comments: