Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What a Day!

I woke up hoping for a productive and great day!  I knew my favorite episode of Matlock was going to be on, so I fired up the computer and got ready to enjoy my show and catch up on Facebook and email. Not 30 minutes into the show, Jeff let Sammy in from outside and then my morning went sour!  The dog stepped in his own "stuff" and tracked it into the house! So out came the cleaning supplies for the carpet, kitchen floor and even the dog!  I had it cleaned up, including the backyard, by 3pm.

In the meantime, I did enjoy a nice lunch with my "golf buddies"at Mancinos.  I ordered a French Dip sandwich and was it ever good!  I brought half it home and will take it to work tomorrow instead of PB. We had fun talking about bowling! We will prebowl next week for the following week since Randy and Norma will be travelling to TN for Thanksgiving.  Hope we can stay in first place.

I got a call from my nursing agency questioning the order I wrote last week.  I am always nervous sending in paperwork, knowing that the office people will find something to complain about. A few days ago I got a packet of papers one of which told me that I hadn't turned in an inservice due 10/31.  When I called to inquire which one it was, they only wanted to send out a new one to replace it.  I insisted to know which one I hadn't done, and she confessed that she was new and hadn't sent the October inservice out.  So why should the nurses be made to feel like they are not completing their work!  I love taking care of Hailey, but the paperwork is driving me crazy!  As much as my patient means to me, I need to get a job that will challenge and use all the skills I have.  I keep plugging away at applications and pray that the right new job will come along soon!

Later this afternoon, we refinanced our house.  We are pretty happy that our payments will be lower.  I made manicotti for dinner and then worked several hours on Quicken, updating and clearing our purchases from the past few weeks.  What  a job!  Still not done, but I got a lot accomplished.

Ended the evening with TV and computer fun!   Tomorrow is work and choir. Better get some rest.


Gracie

No comments: