Monday, November 22, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend!

Even though it has been a very busy weekend, it has been wonderful!  Last time I updates this blog I was getting ready for lunch and my trip to Ann Arbor.  Lunch was delicious and the Thrivent meeting was short and to the point. Perfect! After I got home I did clean up the dog yard as best as I could so Matthew could rake and mow. We hope that will help Sammy stop draggin in yucky stuff into the house. Found out later that there was a whole lot more buried under leaves and long grass. Big thanks to my guys for getting it all cleaned up! The yard looks great. All the leaves are raked up and in the street waiting for the leaf sucker on Wednesday!

I was on my way to Ann Arbor by 2:30pm and had quite a nice ride in.  I was there by a little after 4 pm and Mary met me outside her dorm waiting  to let me in!  It is always nice to see her and spend time together. Had another delicious chinese meal with the Cory family, all ten of us!  So much fun!! After dinner we visited together in a lounge in the East Quad.  Mary got ready and looked gorgeous as usual.  Had a nice walk through campus to the Hill Auditorium and got seated for the concert.  WOW!  The concert was awesome, as always.  I just love the sound of a 4 part men's chorus.   Brandon looked very handsome and confident on stage singing.  So glad I was able to attend.  There is a new video on the family photo album of the men filing in.  They are so cool. Be sure click on the video tab of the photo album and watch.  I left Ann Arbor at 11pm and arrived home before 1:30 am without having to ride with the windows open or stop for food and drink.  Thank you Harry Belafonte for singing such fun songs that keep me going!  I listened to Christmas music too! They start earlier every year!

Sunday morning came too soon and I forced myself out of bed and got to church by 0830 for chime rehearsal. Rehearsal went well, and we played well for church too! Great job ladies! My played a little organ for the prelude and for the most part it went over fine.  Thanks mom for  your help setting things up over the phone! I got through the rest of the service on the clavinova and choir sang well too. Matthew did a great job turning pages for me! Look how much I have to be thankful for!

Jeff and I attended two other services this afternoon and evening.  First we went to St Paul's Lutheran church for the dedication of their new facility.  It is very nice and the service was well attended. There was a reception afterward with good food, dessert and entertainment by the Crusaders and The Hansen family.  At 6 pm we went to St Paul's Episcopal Church for the community Thanksgiving service. The church is beautiful and very friendly welcome. Although attendance was not what it should be, the service was very nice with a good message.  Of course there were more goodies and fellowship afterwards. So nice to meet new people and talk with friends, including our neighbors!

The Sound of Music ended on Saturday with another large house of people. Matthew stayed for another hour and a half to strike the set (disassemble).  The set is so big, they couldn't finish, so they will continue to breakdown the rest of the vonTrapp home this week.  He is happy that there is only two days of school this week.

Sarah and Mary will be coming home for Thanksgiving, just in time for some snowfall! It will be nice to have them home.  I will be going to pick up the Wolverines and Brandon's dad will take them back on Sunday.

Well, I am getting really tired.  Need to sleep.  Have a great week.

Gracie

PS: Looks like Mary posted a video on her youtube link from the concert last night. Enjoy.  Be sure to pause my music first! Then look for Mary's videos on the links to the right.

No comments: