Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What Will We Do?

We go to McDonald's every Sunday after bowling league is over.  Last time we ate there, a sign informed us that the the dining room would be closed for 8 days for remodeling. Today they reopened. Matthew and I went in to look around.  Our "regular" spot for our after bowling meal has been changed.  The booth was removed and now there are the high table with stools.  I don't like that one bit! Luckily, our back up spot is still usable.  We have been sitting there since a car drove through the window and wall several months ago. So while it is nice, there will be some getting used to and who knows we may have to pick a new back up spot should our little corner is full.

The weather is colder and lots of wind.   I am glad to be back inside after going for gas in the van and shopping at Wal Mart.  First we arrived at the Admiral Gas Station on M-57.  It took at least 5 minutes to pump $3.01!  I asked the attendant and she said that means they are out of gas.  She needed to shut off all of the pumps.  What a crazy experience.  Then we spent nearly 2 hours in Wal-Mart shopping for things we need and looking at things we wanted.  Don't worry, Matthew and I were strong and didn't buy that big screen TV.  So we were off to McDonald's to explore and I got a small burger and fries, since I had not eaten dinner yet.  I had two turkey lunches. One at the preschool and one at the high school. My turkey for the preschool turned out very well.  The potatoes at the high school were stellar. Anyway I got a little something to eat and we were off again to the other Admiral gas station.  Why, you might ask??  Admiral is smart and kept their gas price at $2.75/gallon and Meijer's price is $2.89/gallon.  What would you do??  Luckily, they had plenty of gas and I pumped 40 dollars of gas quicker than the 3.01 at the first one.

Now we are home and I think I need to go put on my pjs, watch some TV and plan music for the rest of the year.  Maybe clearing off the table and the laundry can wait till tomorrow morning.

Goodnight!

Gracie

No comments: