Friday, March 5, 2010

Guess Who is Grilling?

Yesterday was such a nice day with sunshine and blue sky, that I decided we would grill hamburgers and dogs for dinner. That was a welcomed menu by all. Mary was the cook and did a great job! The burgers were juicy and the my hot dog was black! Mmm! Today was just as nice, there is a bit of a chill in the air, but we had frozen pizza instead...yum. Lots of the snow is gone and I am going to have to go clean Sammy's yard pretty soon. Oh the joy of spring in the dog yard!


I guess I need to backtrack a few days. Wednesday's choir concert was very nice. There was one solo in particular that just knocked everyone's socks off. I was recruited as an usher and had an interesting time seating people after the show started. Several had to locate their families and there were a few that wanted to stand with me the whole show. I explained that the fire law requires everyone to be seated, so the left!!! How crazy is that?

Thursday was a very busy one for me. I had PT first thing in the morning and then I went grocery shopping. The one hour I had for shopping flew by quickly and I needed to be at the foot doctor's at nine thirty. Physical Therapy did it's job and increased my mobility and strength and even reduced my pain for many days. But my pain persists. I told the doctor the same thing and he ordered xrays (finally) and discovered that both my feet have heel spurs and my right heel bone is parallel to the floor. I guess that is a structural defect, probably congenital. That would make sense, since Sarah seems to lack good range of motion in her ankle too due to tight calf muscles. The doctor said my pain is the result of a shortened or tight achillies tendon. The doctor suggested a freezing procedure that may kill the pain in my feet. The doctor says the success rate is 75%, but in his practice it is less. Doesn't sound so good to me. Otherwise he could lengthen the achilles tendon which is more invasive with a longer recovery. The last is just learn to live with it and pain out of pocket for custom orthotics. Lots to think about.

My next event was to prepare a main dish for our quilters lunch. I made spagetti and meatballs and I think they turned out pretty well. I finally decided on a new quilt design, thanks to my quilting buddies. Thursday night Mary and Matthew sang the National Anthem with the Village Green singers before the last home basketball game. They did a fine job. A video is posted on my facebook. We stayed for the game too. Matthew did the video taping for the team and Mary and I cheered on the team. It was an exciting game, went into overtime! We ended up with a loss. Tried to get to bed early since I had to be at work this morning at 0500.

I received a generic rejection email concering the job I interviewed for last week. So much for the personal call I was promised. I have applied for a few more jobs and will wait and see if I can get an interview for one of them.

Although I woke up several times in the night, I felt well rested and couldn't go back to sleep after 3 am. I got up at 4 am and did some bank work. Work was fine and I got home in time to throw on a pair of jeans and head off to the high school for orchestra festival. They played well and received straight 1's! We all headed to church to prepare for a new Sunday School quarter. Mary went to work at the festival in the afternoon and I took a nap. Mary is working at Jimmy's Pub and Grub tonight for three hours. I guess Brandon's dad wants her to work every Friday. Matthew has applied for a job at a hardware store and supermarket. Tomorrow he is going to apply at the Dairy Barn for a summer job.

Tomorrow Mary is going to Ann Arbor "Via Detroit" to pick up Brandon at the airport after his spring break. They are looking forward to spending time together. I am supposed to work for 5 hours tomorrow. Sunday the kids choir is singing and I will need to play and direct them. It is a favorite song, You are my All in All. It should go well. I will need to Wii bowl too before league at 6:30 pm.

Jeff is visiting his parents this weekend with his brother Andy. They are going to try and see my mom too. I am glad that he got to travel a little down there since he has worked so many hours and was without a car most of the time. We are looking forward to his return home on Wednesday! Hooray!


That is all...Gracie