Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It is a Birthday Kind of a Day

Today a friend of mine became a grandma for the first time.  We are so excited for the whole family.  What a great day to be born..March 16th! Today was my Grandma Heumann's birthday.  She was a wonderful person and I have so many wonderful memories.  Sure wish I could have posted a picture of her.  I was her "little dolly". Some of my memories are:
  • She and Grandpa would babysit us a lot and cook us dinner.  
  • We bonked heads once when she sat on the piano bench with me! We laughed!
  • Made the best chocolate chip cookies.
  • Gave us lots of love! 
My shift at work went by quickly and then took a much needed nap.  Had Chinese lunch with my golf buddies. It was almost warm enough to start golfing again! Yay!  Got some work done for church music and practiced the piano a couple times. I will be playing for church tomorrow night and Sunday.  I will also be playing with the choir both services.  Orchestra plays too, so I need to practice that song as well.  All the songs are very nice and I hope I can do them justice.

I am off tomorrow and will continue to practice the piano.  Need to take the Prius to the place where we bought it to get a part ordered.  Think I will finish the laundry and do some banking/bill paying too.  Guess I should finish the "dog yard" job now that all the snow is melted and the rain is over. I am not looking forward to that at all.

That should do it! Have a good Wednesday!

Gracie

No comments: