Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Jeffrey!

Sunday was a great day.  I know that I say this every week, but Sunday School has been going so well and I really enjoy my class of 3rd through 5th graders.  Today's story was Nicodemus.  Had some really good questions and discussion.  The orchestra played "Above All" and it sounded great.  I must say that the French Horn was exceptional this morning. Love the sound of a french horn and the man who plays it!

Immediately after church the congregation had cake and ice cream to celebrate his 50th birthday!  The cake was home made and so delicious!  I was glad to take some of it home,so we could eat some more later.  There was also a basket of cards and some balloons and decorations to make it a cheerful time. While enjoying some cake, I was able to round table with our church softball team and get them up to speed after my meeting last week. Some of the team even went out to practice today, a cold and rainy day!  Hope they stay well.


Since Jeff will be leaving for military duty on his birthday (today), we went to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday dinner.  We all had steak and potatoes and Jeff got a side of baby back ribs for free as the birthday boy!  Of course we had a baby onion blossom to start things off. Mmm. By the time we got home, it was time for senior youth group.  I stayed home and watched the nail biting ending of the Duke vs. Michigan game.  Boy I thought we were going into OT, but Duke held on and won by two.  I would have given up my lead in the brackets to see Michigan win this afternoon.

The night wasn't over yet.  There was still a night of bowling.  Norma and Randy were out of town and had pre-bowled last week.  So it was Jeff and I bowling with the other team tonight.  I am not sure how it happened, but I was bowling like never before.  Bowled over average all night with a 144, 191 and 132! Holy Cow a 191!  I had only one open frame, what a great feeling!  My average went up two, from 118 to a 120!  Sure hope I can keep bowling this way.   Jeff had a great second game too..a 205.  We ended up winning two points, game two and total pins.  We lost the first game by ONE pin and the third game by FIVE.  How crazy is that??

We did go to McDonalds per tradition, just didn't eat as much since none of us were extremely hungry after the big lunch.  Glad to eat some more bday cake when we got home.  Watched some basketball and now Jeff is getting ready for his trip. We will be leaving at 0600 for the Grand Rapids airport.  Sarah and I will pick him up in Detroit before Mary's concert on Saturday.  Matthew will be busy this week with the opening of the spring play, Aladdin Jr on Thursday.  I will be spending time working at the ticket booth or ushering.

Took some pictures of the "supermoon" last night. They are ok.  Posted some in the photo album.

That is all for now!

Grace

PS- Had some Thunder and Lightning with the rain this evening.  Happy Birthday to my weatherman!

No comments: