Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank God for March Madness

I am so glad that March Madness is going on right now. It kept my mind off my disappointments.


 
  • Long, crazy day at work...no matter how I tried I couldn't stay ahead.  Got everything (and more) done.  Tired when I got home.
  • Received email from NICU nurse manager.  Although I interviewed well and he liked meeting me, I missed too many questions on the written assessment test to be offered the temporary position.  I was very disappointed.  I didn't think I forgot as much as I did.  Would like to have the test to see what I missed and brush up on the information. The manager encouraged me to apply for some upcoming regular positions where I could get a more thorough orientation and get up to speed.  I hope that I will be able to apply, since sometimes the HR department  may post it as an internal hire, and even when I do apply they tend to reject it quickly. Hopefully that won't be the case.
  • Took Sarah and Matthew to Jimmy's Pub and Grub for a delicious dinner and yummy ranch.  Found out that they are closing after today!  What am I going to do?  Guess I will have to drive to Jim's Newaygo Restaurant to have a meal once in a while.  I think Brandon is going to work there this summer. Was sure to bring my left over Ranch home to enjoy.

    Today is my brother's 50th birthday.  Happy Birthday Dan! Let's hope that the Gators will win and give Dan a great gift!  So glad that my Sarah is home so we can watch basketball together.  Matthew doesn't like to watch it with me.  Besides, he has tech rehearsal for next week's Middle School Play, "Aladdin Jr".  Matthew is doing the lights. Not sure when he will get home.  Jeff has been at Concordia Ann Arbor with some of our Jr Youth.  He called and said it has been a very good time.  He will be home later tonight, and then leave Monday (his 50th birthday) for Air Force duty.  There won't be time for any celebrating since there is Youth Group and Bowling.

    Sarah is home for spring break and I look forward to doing some fun things together.  We will be picking up Jeff at the Detroit airport next Saturday and then going to Hill Auditorium at  U of M to see and hear Mary at her Women's Glee Concert.  That will be lots of fun.

    In the meantime, we might go into Grand Rapids for some shopping and I still need to practice the piano, prepare for Sunday School, put my clothes away and Quicken is still waiting for me to balance our accounts.

    Right now?? The Gators are playing.....Go Gators!

    Grace

    No comments: