Monday, March 14, 2011

A New Week

We have a beautiful sunny day here in Greenville.  As much as I love snow, I am ready for spring! So tired of wearing coats and boots!  Looks like we are supposed to experience 50 degree weather.  Almost warm enough for shorts! Jeff will be able to get outside and jog, and that makes him very happy.

Yesterday had its up and downs.  Church was great!  Sunday School lesson went well! We went to the movies to see The Adjustment Bureau.  I thought it was pretty good fictional story with good acting. Glad we went to see it.  While we were having our late afternoon snack before bowling, Matthew called from the basement saying we had a big problem.  Without anymore being said, I knew what it was. The power had gone out several days ago and our freezer had turned off.  We were able to rescue most of our food.  Thank goodness we had bags of ice in there, it kept everything cold and most still frozen.  It is all cleaned out and cleaned up.  From that tragedy we went to the bowling alley where things just didn't improve.  We lost all four and our scores aren't worth posting.  Topping it off, my left foot was in a moderate amount of pain.  I sure hope I am not going to have a recurrence of foot problems especially on the foot that was fixed!  It has been feeling so good lately. It does feel better today.  We ended up the night celebrating Matthew's baptism birthday with some cheesecake.  That was a good thing!


Saturday night after work, the three of us met Sarah in Holland and went to the Hope Hockey game.  They were playing for the National Championship of the ACHA (Club Sports).  We had a lot of fun.  While I was watching all the skating and passing, a puck flew right over my head! I didn't even know it until the guy a few bleacher rows back caught and held up the puck! Everything happened so fast.  Good thing Jeff was next to me, ready to save my life!  Funny I mentioned to him before the game, "I could die here tonight if I get hit with a puck".  There was a sign saying "watch out for flying pucks".  Some Hope fans temporarily altered the sign to say "watch out for flying dutchmen"!  LOL!  Flying or not, we lost, 5-3.  The winning team, College of the Canyons came all the way from California! They had some pretty big solid players. Matthew referred to them as a moose or bear! We had a very fun time and Hope has some great players.  Being the national runner up isn't bad. More importantly, we spent some time with Sarah!

Today I had hoped to have more done by now.  I did get a splint for my hand with the small ganglion cyst.  It is pretty comfortable and allows my wrist/hand to rest . I have done some needed research on the computer on a personal project and have so much information, I am not sure what to with it all. Laundry is started and made the appropriate calls for choir tonight. No kids choir. Chimes will meet early so I can attend the Softball coaches meeting tonight as well.  Need to take care of the bills too. Matthew will be at school most of the day. He has play practice and then VG Choreography tonight and tomorrow for 5 hours! Whew, he is going to be tired!

Tomorrow I have job interview at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital. NICU has a temporary job, and the manager is willing to talk with me.  He wasn't very encouraging, but I at least get to talk to a nurse manager!  That is an accomplishment.  As happy as I am, I am also very nervous about the whole thing.  I work on Wednesday and Friday the next few weeks.   Sarah is coming home on Friday for spring break, and Jeff will be leaving for Concordia Ann Arbor for a Jr Youth Gathering with some of MCLC's young people.  He will be home Saturday and Sunday, then leave again on his 50th birthday for military duty in South Carolina for 6 days.  He departs from Grand Rapids and returns to Detroit, where I will pick him up and we will go to Mary's Glee Club Concert.  Sarah gets to go with us this time.  Matthew will miss her concert again, as GHS has another play that weekend.  Do they look to see when Mary's concerts are and plan a play for that weekend??  No, but sure seems that way.

We are all saddened by the earthquake/tsunami tragedy in Japan.  I still consider Japan one of our homes and it will always be a special place for me. How could I ever forget such a wonderful experience, plus it is where our little Sarah was born!  I am happy to let you know that we have heard from some friends in Japan and they are all ok, and property safe.  As of this writing, Sarah's trip will still be going over to Tokyo this May.  Of course, should the situation become too dangerous, it will be cancelled.  I sure hope that doesn't happen!

That is all for today....Beware the Ides of March!

Grace

No comments: