Thursday, March 10, 2011

Relief!

The weather was crummy, rain and fog that turned into snow and then rain again.  Work was good...even received word that my mandatory course should be working again. Was able to send Mary her phone charger that she left behind Monday morning and then got to business when I got home.  My course was working and I finished it and took the test.  Passed on the first try! That was a big weight off my shoulders!

Sarah arrived in Minnesota safe and sound.   Guess she got all of her work turned in and is now learning and enjoying the GLATA conference.  The Hope College Athletic Training department. Watch it and educate yourself as to what it is athletic trainers do. Pass it along to your friends. Its appreciated. The video is also part of a contest, so watch it over and over again and rack up points for Hope College!  Sarah is in the video! Enjoy! Hope College-Not All Athletes Wear Jerseys.  This link should take you right to YouTube.


Mary messaged me that it was a very rainy day in Ann Arbor.  She wanted my to know that the shoes I got for her Germany trip seem to be waterproof and comfy too. She loves them.  We will see her in a few weeks for her spring Women's Glee Club Concert. Mary is running for a position on the executive board for the Glee Club.  She hopes to be the Business Manager. She'd be good at that.  


I just realized that I didn't update you on the Germany trip.  Mary and Brandon had a wonderful time, and the weather was nearly perfect. Only one rainy day. We were able to see all of her pictures Monday morning.  They were so nice and interesting.  Lots of churches, Hitler's building, BMW museum, Dachau and pictures of her and her friends around the city, at theatres and restaurants.  Mary brought us some  presents.  Jeff got a German Bible and a nice stein.  I got a little wooden clock ( I love it!) and some sheep shaped cookies.  She knows I like sheep and lambs.  Lots of coasters from Restaurants, matches and euros.  I was glad that she bought herself a traditional german dress with apron.  She looks really cute in it!  Guess the other girls bought a dress too, and Brandon bought some Lederhosen.  They all wore them around the city and had their pictures taken.  Brandon said that the Lederhosen is very comfortable.   Perhaps one day Mary will post her pictures to our shutterfly. 


Tomorrow I am responsible for the main dish for our quilter's lunch and decided to bring hot dogs.  I think I am going to bake or fry them this time. I am also going to meet and discuss VBS with the co-leader. Need to be in Grand Rapids for my Hand doctor appointment.  It still hurts, especially after a work day.   Guess we will see what he has to say.  


Wow, I wrote more than I thought I would.  Have a great Thursday!


Grace

March Madness is coming soon.  Click on the link and join in the fun!  

No comments: