Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Almost Time To Go Back

Sarah goes back to college later today. We have had a nice time together. Before we go back, I will go to therapy, take Sarah shopping, finish up her laundry and pack up. She will be back next month for spring break. Wonder if Jeff will be back home by then.. Should know this week.

Today started with therapy too. Then we watched the Olympics and I got the thank you notes done!! I also applied for a few more nursing jobs. According to the website, my application is under review for one of them and sent to the deparment for review on one of them. Will have to wait and see what happens. Had dinner at Applebee's and then watched the figure skating tonight.

Mary is home safe and sound. She had a nice time in Ann Arbor with her friend. Unfortunately Mary got blisters on both feet from walking to dinner with her high heels on. Needless to say she had pain during campus day today! The blisters are quite large and painful. There is choreography this week for village green and of course play rehearsal all week. So I decided to sterilize a needle and punctured the blister with a tiny hole for the fluid to drain out. It is covered with antibiotic ointment and bandaids and clean socks. We will see how they are in the morning. Anyway she did meet a young lady at campus day with similar interests. They plan to keep in touch and consider if they would want to room together next year.

I only work at my patient's house on Wednesday this week, but also have a mandatory meeting on Thursday in Lansing. A fellow nurse and I are going together. I have church on Ash Wednesday and Orchestra on Thursday. Friday I take Matt to the doctor. He had his last OT appointment today. He has regained most of his range of motion and strength. His therapist reccomends discharge to home program. He has cool activities to do at home. He should be cleared to play baseball! Hurray. Matthew says he has no more pain or discomfort. That is good!

It is snowing again here, and I guess we have some accumulation before it is over. I don't have my weatherman at home so I just wait to see what happens. Jeff finished 5 night shift in a row and has a few days off now.

Time to get ready for bed..

Grace