Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Three Over

Three weeks have passed since Jeff left for military duty. I can say sometimes it has gone by fast and other times it seems like forever. Either way we are all doing well. Still waiting to hear if Jeff will come home mid or more likely the end of March.

I am loving the Olympics, but not as much as Sarah. She is working hard at staying focused on school not sports. It isn't easy! Glad the American won the gold in figure skating. We are watching ice dancing now. Two of the US couples are from University of Michigan. GO BLUE!

Matthew went to his orthopedic surgeon this morning (eventhough he didn't do any surgery). He did a great overseeing his healing. A resident did the reduction...and a good one at that. Anyway, he was discharged from anymore ortho visits. His arm/bone looks great. Praise the Lord! I talked to the vice principal and she reluctantly corrected the attendance today so he can still exempt three exams. I am glad this chapter of Matthew's fx arm is over.

My day in Lansing with my nurse friend Marcella was fun. We had a delicious lunch at the Middleton Diner and then went to a bookstore, where we ended up making a few purchases. I am excited about my new nursing book. The meeting at the nursing agency was tolerable and we accomplished everything we needed to.

Mary and Matthew had show choir choreography clinic the past two nights to prepare for the spring choir show. They were long nights especially for Matthew who had homework to do when he got home. Tomorrow they will be going with their choir to Chelsea High School for a show Choir showcase. I will be driving the 2 plus hours to watch the show myself. Better than sitting at home alone for most of the day.

I have a job interview! Thursday at noon I will meet with several people about being a Prenantal Educator. I am excited about this opportunity. It is only 1 night a week, so I would probably still try to pick up a shift with my patient too. Will keep you informed. I am waiting to hear about the other jobs I have applied for as well, Pediatric positions from 3 different departments and 1 OB job right here in Greenville.

Well, I am going to get back to the Olympics. Matthew is bugging me for the computer too.

Gracie