Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Subtle Signs of Spring

I woke up this morning to find the kids were still sleeping and school started in 30 minutes. Got them up quick and off to school and even remembered to take the garbage out. Still sleepy because of late night olympics and a couple early mornings, I decided to go back to bed for more sleep. As I was resting my head on my pillow I heard a bird chirping~I thought, spring is almost here. Thank you little birdie! Just last week when I was in Lansing for a meeting, my friend and I saw the trees are budding, another great sign of warmer weather! It is snowing today and we have another 1-2 inches of snow, but the sun is out and the streets are warm and travelled enough that the snow melts. I don't think it will be too long now. Of course, this is Michigan and we have had many snow storms in March. Still it is nice to see the subtle signs of spring.

Work was uneventful yesterday morning and then I went off to therapy. We are trying just about everything. I had lunch with my golf buddies and then stopped off at church to get some things done. Keeping up with the mail and banking and watching the Olympics.

Today I still hope to get to the store and take the kids for dinner before lent service. Choir and praise team rehearsal follows. Tomorrow is therapy and my job interview. Hope all goes well. GHS theatre has opening night of their play and I will have church orchestra. I will go to the show on Friday and probably Saturday. Work a whole shift on Friday.

Good news is that Jeff will most likely be home in 2 weeks! Hooray! We can celebrate his birthday together!

Better get moving..I play for church tonight.. Hymns are pretty easy, practiced several times already.

Gracie