Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun in the Snow!

Yesterday's snow day was a good one! I dug out of our driveway just after 8 am to get to work and then pulled safely into my patient's driveway after her mom made tracks with her 4 wheel drive. Work was pretty uneventful.


Mary did call me and ask to see the doctor about her eye. It was hurting more and swelling increased. I got her an afternoon appointment with a PA. He confirmed that it is a sty, and gave her antibx eye drops. She also continues to put warm compresses on it as often as possible. She wants it to be better for the weekend. She is going to U of M to see her friend and also for a admitted student visit day on Monday. (No school on Monday~President's Day!)

I told the kids in my morning note to have a fun day playing in the snow. They won't be kids for much longer and they should have fun together. Well, they had a blast. They made a large snow fort/wall in our side yard and extended into the front yard! I am so glad they spent time together and had a lot of fun!


We had McDonald's for dinner, then I was off to choir rehearsal. Attendance wasn't the best but it went pretty well. Watched a little tv and went to bed.

Today started early. I woke up at 0300 and couldn't go back to sleep, but was determined to rest as much as I could. I got up for work at 0430 and spent 3 hours with my patient, then became the patient at PT for my feet. I have quilting and Matthew has OT this afternoon. Tonight is the big Village Green Variety Show. I'll be selling tickets before the show.

Tomorrow I work again at 0530 till 1630. I promised another eat out night on Friday, probably to Jimmy's Pub and Grub (aka Cory's). We will pick up Sarah tomorrow evening and then watch the Opening ceremonies (that I will have taped) together. It will be nice to have her home.
I need to go birthday shopping today too. I can't believe that Matt will be 16 on Saturday. He wants to go to Craig's Cruisers. A place with pizza games and go karts. Lots of excitement ahead!

Better run along!


Grace