Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhogs Day!

First event of the day was from the Groundhog. He saw his shadow and predicted another six weeks of winter. It has been pretty cold here lately and we had several inches of snow today. Sorry Jeff, I forgot to put out the rain/snow gauge. I must say that I still think that snow is pretty and I am still enjoying the winter season.

The rest of the day was packed with accomplishments. Sammy got groomed. He looks really nice and was glad when I picked him up this afternoon. The ladies at the vet say he is a sweetheart. That is good to hear since the previous groomer had other things to say about him. They are closed now. I wonder if they were mean to him?? Poor boy. We are good to go for a while now.

Next on the agenda was PT for my aching feet. They are doing stretching exercises with me and I must say they do feel better! I am going three times a week. I am encouraged! They hurt really bad the last few days. Today after therapy it was noticeably better.

Had lunch with Norma and Janet, my golf buddies. We always have a nice time. Dropped off mail, made some appointments, did online banking and followed up on loan information! I even completed my last CEU class for my nursing license renewal.

Mary thinks her math test went well. I was praying a lot during the test time. Mary made it to her Spanish class at the college and did fine on the listening test too. Even had time to stop at home for lunch. Matthew said his history test was fine too. Now the 2nd semester has officially started, and we headed to Wal-Mart to get new folders and paper. Picked up a few groceries and exchanged a pair of jeans for Matthew. We hurried off to the high school after checking out so Matthew could catch the bus with the Varsity Basketball team. He taped the game for them. He likes that job.

Jeff called in the late afternoon. He got to go jogging before more rain showers moved in. I briefed him about the family news and we are planning a phone conference to finish up FAFSA and other financial aid stuff, even taxes! It was really nice talking to him. I love him very much and miss him a lot! With that said, we are doing fine here and keeping up with the daily routine.

Mary planned for Sunday School with her co-teacher, Josh tonight. They made a Bible bingo game. There class has good attendance, the kids love them! What will happen next year? They will both be away at college. I attended the Theatre Booster meeting. A lot was accomplished I think. We meet again next week. Mary attended a city council meeting for extra credit in her government class. She was full of information when she got home.

I thought I was working in the morning, but the schedule has changed. I called my clients house tonight to check on my hours for tomorrow. She told me that I am not working until Friday and Saturday. The new nurses are working on their own and tomorrow was assigned to them. Guess my hours have been cut back again. Par for the course. I am going to look at the bright side and be happy to spend more time at home and keeping my brain sane! I have applied for a few more jobs that I found online. Waiting to see what happens.

Guess that is my news for now. Tomorrow will be snow shovelling, thank you writing, and who knows maybe I will paint the kitchen trim! I planned to do that after our windows went in last fall.

Gute Nacht!

Grace