Monday, February 22, 2010

Will There Be a Snow Day?

It is early Monday morning, just after midnight and the snow will start falling soon. We expect several inches overnight. So, we wait to hear if there will be school or if we will have the day off. Either way, I have therapy for my aching feet at nine and then I am going to work for 3 hours with my little girl. I guess there is a visit from the agency tomorrow. The nurse that was supposed to work called in and I am going to work a few hours till another nurse can get there for the rest of the day. Then I work on Friday.

Saturday was a good day. The kids and I did a few errands and looked at a few dishwashers. Ours is not always cleaning well, and we thought we could participate in the cash for clunkers. I found few but am leary of buying since I cannot install it. I would have to hire a plumber. My gut feeling is to just wait a little. Anyway the kids left for the Show Choir concert at 2 pm on the bus and I left at four alone in my Prius. The two hour ride wasn't too bad...I talked to my mom, listened to the Glee Club CD and the radio. I was there before I knew it. Got my sunday school lesson done and read from my new nursing book while waiting for the show to begin.

The show was very nice. I think, wait know that Greenville had the cleanest and classiest performance of the evening. The host school had awesome vocals, but just not too polished. I drove home alone with the radio and then stayed up too late watching the Olympics! I just love them!

I was still able to get up on time and get to church on time. The chime team played today and did the best of our ability. We had a lot of hurdles in the morning and I am thankful for all my ringers and their commitment to the group and encouragement even with my shortcomings.

Matthew finally got to go play paintball today after church and had a really fun time. He is pretty tired though. He went to youth group too. Mary and I tried to watch a movie but we both fell asleep. I woke up and then had bowling which for me was pretty much an epic fail. I am not bowling well at all! I think I have tried so many things and it just doesn't come together. I am ready to give up completely! I throw a good one and then try to do the same thing and get one pin. It is just depressing for me. Good thing I get Happy Meals afterward.

For the most part, our family is doing well and holding things together here. I have missed Jeff a lot today. Kind of feel out of place without him sometimes. Talked to him for a few minutes tonight before he went to work. He is back on night shifts this week and next week. One of their workers tour of duty ended today and she goes back to her family tomorrow. We are still waiting to hear how long Jeff will be gone.

I hope to post a few pictures from the Concert later today.

For now, I am going to call it a night.

Grace