Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lots of Lasts

Today is the last day of the Olympics. It has been so much fun watching all the events. although I have missed some skating and bobsledding. Thank you Sarah for sending the links for those things I was so sad about missing and for keeping me up to date on other events. Apolo got DQ'd and it would have been nice to watch the skating exhibition last night.. I had more important lasts.

"A Night of One Acts" at the high school ran from Thursday to Saturday. I attended the last two nights and it was great! Mary did an awesome job. Her play was a comedy and she was hilarious as a lady in a garbage can! I was surprised when she came out in mussed up hair and covered in dirt/soot. Her part may not have been a large one, but it she made a tricky role look easy! She played several different people in the same play, where an accountant was thrown into three separate scenes. You can ready about the play on Grenville High School Arts link. Click on theatre program then on One Acts. Matthew was the sound man and did a great job too. The second play was more of a drama. Mary wasn't in the second play. There were some fun moments in that play too. Now with that play over, the spring show auditions are the 9 and 10th of March. The production? "Bleacher Bums". It is about fans at a baseball game. I love baseball, you know that! LOL! It will be Mary's last production at Greenville High School. She will audition for one of the two female parts and will also consider being a stage manager. We will see what happens. Matthew will be trying out for the Greenville High School baseball team!

Mary played in her last winterfest yesterday morning. Winterfest is an event similar to festival. They play three songs for 4 judges/clinicians. One of them follows you to a classroom and works with them to improve their music in preparation for festival this Friday where they will receive a grade.

Jeff's last day in Miami is March 10th. I will pick him up at the airport later in the evening. I hope to have everything in nice order when he gets home. We have missed him and are looking forward to his return. It has been a good learning experience for all of us. I am not as afraid to do the banking and bill paying. Our church has worked together to get business and worship done.

Tonight is not the last night of bowling. I hope I do better, sure can't do much worse. Our partners, the George's won't be there tonight. So I guess the game will go faster, just hope the scores are better and we win some points.

Since today is the last day of February, this will be the last paragraph of the entry and the month. Be sure to check on the photo album. I should have pictures posted of the play very soon.

Gracie